Thursday, August 31, 2006

There is a Van Morrison song for many places in Ireland and N. Ireland

Reserved my first night (Monday, Sept 4--Labor Day) in the Ennis Abbey Hostel. Looks nice from the pictures. They have private rooms with several beds (and charge by the bed), but I will be staying in a dorm-type room with 5 beds. Maybe later I will stay in a private room or "splurge" on a B&B, but part of the point of staying in a hostel is to meet people.

I am flying into Shannon, in the west of Ireland. Ennis is just a short ways from there. I don't think I know any Van Morrison songs about Shannon or Ennis. I'm sure many songs will be floating through my head while I am there, though. When I was in California in July I could think of a song for many of the places we passed or visited. For my roommates, there is a movie quote for everything. For me, there is a song.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey traveler! Sing all ya want!
Hope you have an awesome trip. Did you condsider couchsurfing.com - you'd definitely meet folks that way. enjoy, take many pics! See you when you return, unless you are kidnapped by that cute irish lad....love ya, ahsha